Gynaecology and Obstetrics
The prestigious specialists of the medical staff are trained for a comprehensive care in all women’s life phases.
The department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Clinica Rotger embraces all services in relation to advice, medical screening and treatment of pathologies, which can appear, depending on the respective women's life phases.
· From the beginning of puberty:
Advice for specific questions: anaemia risk screening during the first menstruations, information about Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines (forerunner of cervical cancer), before sexual intercourse, as well as contraception orientation.
· During the reproductive life cycle:
After the first years of reproductive life cycle, it is necessary to make gynaecological examinations, as a cytological smear, a colposcopy, an ultrasound scan and a molecularbiological analysis.
The department of Gynaecology offers a fertility consulting service with gynaecologists, who are specialised in pregnancy assistance. Furthermore the Unit offers pregnancy check-ups (prenatal diagnosis, ultrasound scans, amniocentesis, and genetic tests in case of foetal chromosomopathy in the mother’s blood), childbirth assistance, as well as sterility testing or examinations in case of pelvic floor disorders.
Clinica Rotger has also a Genetics Unit for the realisation of tests, which permit to determine in advance if there is a risk of disease transmission to the children.
· During pregnancy:
The department of Obstetrics embraces a facility for prenatal diagnosis, which applies the latest techniques and knowledges in comprehensive pregnancy assistance and accompaniment.
For example, the centre applies non-invasive treatments as aneuploidy screening and foetal DNA tests in the mother’s blood, as well as invasive chromosomopathy procedures like amniocentesis and the latest biochemical techniques for the diagnosis of preeclampsia. The facility also applies 4D ultrasound technology.
In order to guarantee maximum safety during delivery, Clinica Rotger has created an excellent team of neonatologists, to enable deliveries from the 28th week of pregnancy.
The Clinic guarantees the permanent presence of a neonatologist for the delivery, and for possible emergency cares of newborns.
Furthermore the centre has an Intensive Care Unit for newborns, which is equipped with the latest technology and has a permanent presence of a paediatrician, who is specialised in the care of newborns, as well as especially trained nurses.
Clinica Rotger is the private hospital with the highest birth-rate every year.
· During menopause:
Gynaecological endocrinology for the treatment in case of hormonal disorders during the menopause.
· In any women's life phase:
Gynaecological surgery (hysteroscopy, laparotomy, laparoscopy and vaginal surgery) and interventional radiology (in case of myomas, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, uterine prolapse, uterine bleeding)
Breast diseases, breast surgery, including sentinel lymph nodes, magnetic resonance of the breast, and mammography in high definition.
Oncological gynaecology, laparotomic and laparoscopic diagnosis and treatment.
In total, the Unit has a team of excellent professional specialists, where the human aspect plays an essential role. It uses the latest technology and a large spectrum of modern diagnosis and treatment methods.
Medical practitioner finder
Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Dra. Ana María Martínez Barrabés Head of service, Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Noemí Freixas Grimalt Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Míriam González Rodríguez Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. María Isabel Hernández de Castro Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Marina Llull Gomila Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Inés Mínguez Duato Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Juana María Moragues Soler Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Inés Pomar Mora Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Marta Ramis Barceló Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Ana Alicia Robles Gourley Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Maria de los Ángeles Adelantado Barrao Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. María Barceló Bauza Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Mónica Mariño Mariño Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dr. Juan Torrecabota Pages Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dr. Vicente Ramo Paul Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dr. Ángel Martín Jiménez Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. María Ángeles Chicharro Ortega Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Leticia Lazzaletta Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Aina Serra Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. Marina Andreu Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Dra. M. Helena Tur Torres Gynaecology and Obstetrics View file
- Ecografía 4G
La ecografía 4G es absolutamente inocua y pueden realizarse tantas como el médico estime oportunas. La principal diferencia con tecnologías anteriores es que la ecografía 4G permite observar la evolución del feto en el interior del útero materno en tiempo real con volumen y en movimiento.
Esta tecnología permite desde un punto de vista médico realizar un diagnóstico más preciso y además apreciar con gran claridad la morfología del feto, observar los movimientos y gestos del bebé e incluso alguna respuesta frente a algún estímulo externo.
La excelente calidad de las imágenes permite a los padres contemplar por primera vez a su hijo, por lo que disfrutar de esta tecnología supone un importante impacto emocional, así como un refuerzo del vínculo afectivo.