The Cardiovascular Surgery Unit has pioneered the application of advanced techniques, and works with prestigious specialists for the treatment of cardiovascular pathologies.
Principal interventions in cardiac surgery
· Valve surgery: heart-valve repair, heart-valve correction surgery, heart-valve rings, heart-valve replacement. New mechanical prosthesis, endovascular prostheses. New bioprothesis, ring-free mitral valve repair, homotransplantation.
· Coronary surgery (bypass): different approaches: artery transplant surgery, surgery with pumpless bypass, automatic anastomosis.
· Aorta surgery: aortic expansion, aortic ulcer, aneurysms, aortic dissection, partial or complete substitution
· Surgery of congenital malformations
· Minimal invasive surgery: minimal thoracic incision, single-port surgery
· Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias: surgical ablation for cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac stimulation, unicameral, bicameral or tricameral pacemakers.
· Surgical treatment of asymmetric septal hypertrophy
· Heart tumour
· Pericardium surgery