Location: 3rd floor
Direct telephone: 971 721 827
Timetable: Monday to Thursday from 16:00 to 18:30
The Genetics department at Clinica Rotger offers genetic analyses for diagnostic and prognostic purposes. The tests carried in the Genetics department make use of the most advanced techniques in order to carry out the DNA analysis. Thanks to these analyses we can:
1. Confirm the diagnosis of diseases, for example different heart conditions or neurodegenerative illnesses.
2. Detect the presence of certain syndromes or anomalies at prenatal and postnatal stages.
3. Personalise pharmacological treatments, especially in psychiatric and cancer patients (pharmacogenetics).
4. Personalise the patient's medical treatment according to their DNA (preventative medicine).
The genetic diagnostic services offered by the Genetics Department are directed at:
1. Detecting chromosomal abnormalities in foetuses via the maternal blood, such as those related to Down's Syndrome and other syndromes related to chromosomes: Non invasive prenatal test on maternal blood. Carried out from the 10th week of pregnancy.
2. Analyse one-off mutations related to different conditions and pathologies via qPCR and HRM techniques. Andrade's syndrome, celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Lactose intolerance.
3. Personalised nutritional treatments: Nutrigenetic Test
4. Personalised pharmacological treatments: Pharmacogenetic test
5. Analyse patient's exome in order to look for unknown mutations which cause or predispose patients to certain conditions, such as breast cancer.
6. Detect, during the prenatal or postnatal phase, chromosomal abnormalities which are not detected through conventional karyotype: aCGH.
The Genetics department also offers a genetics advisory service. This involves evaluating the characteristics of the disease and of the patient's family history. Advice is given on whether a genetics test is necessary, on the advantages and disadvantages of carrying out such a test and then the results obtained are discussed.