The hospital pharmacy is in charge of the promotion and control of a correct use of medicines and medical products, on the base of scientific facts and in consideration of the safety, efficiency and effectiveness criteria.
The main purpose of the pharmacy comprises:
· Purchase, preparation, control and conservation of medicines and medical products.
· Drug validation and dispensing for the treatments of in-patients
· Validation of oncological treatments
· Drug dispensing for the treatments of ambulant and out-patients
· Coordination and fulfilment of the provisions by the Drugs & Therapeutics Committee, and the Drugs & Therapeutics Manual
· Safety guarantee for the use of medicines